Johnny Lindenberg (November 17, 1936 - May 20, 2014)
Friends and Family are invited to post their memories and photos here. If you send them to me, I will post them.

Recollections

by Sarah McVity Cortes
Johnny was my cousin and godfather. To him, I was Sally, the name by which I am known only to my earliest childhood friends and family. My father, Richard Leonard McVity, and Johnny were (third) cousins. Johnny’s mother was Florence, Aunt Flicka. As Tally has reminded me, Aunt Flick has three siblings: her sister Euphemia, Aunt Phemie, and her brothers Charles Mackay Ganson and David Ganson. Johnny’s sister is Nena Robbins. Johnny was lucky to have her for a sister, and she took good care of him.
Johnny used to do a lot of things with me, from the time I was little. Sometimes he took me when he went fishing. Other times he played chess with me. I remember many great times with Johnny, and I will try to write down some of them here. I have eaten in many places with Johnny, they are some great memories. What is your best memory with Johnny? If you send it to me, I will post it here, if you like.
Johnny lived in Wayland on Old Connecticut Path most of his life. When he was a teenager he used to work at what is now the Coach Grill.
Johnny loved the Quabbin Reservoir and Petersham, MA. He took me up there sometimes to see the work he was doing.

Corners and Angles

by Carol Burnes
i have been thinking of John and the sweep of his life how grand it was and free wheeling a soaring spirit and then how it was stopped in corners, angles and sharp drops.
I like to think John is free now, released, from the body that no longer worked
I have so many odd things here that were his or he made or he gave us; I love love the picnic table where I work under the birch tree in dappled light, the cutting boards in my kitchen the lamp I turn on each night….
Finally and at last he has passed To a better place I like to think where he can be himself again he can sail all the seas fashion whole empires, build dream upon dream and finally find Aunt Chat again.

Famiy Ties

by Thalia Perrin Stone
Richard McVity and John Lindenberg were third cousins. John’s great grandfather, Dr. George Joseph Bull, and Richard McVity’s great grandmother, Eliza Emily Bull (who married Thomas John Nott Jermyn), were siblings. Aunt Flick (Florence Genson Lindenberg) and my mother, Phemie (Euphemia Ganson Perrin), had two brothers – Charles MacKay Ganson and David Ganson. Aunt Flick was just like her mother keeping in touch with family.  Johnny's sister Nena Lindenberg seems to be continuing the tradition.

“He fleeth as it were a shadow”

from Jonathan McVity
“He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not.” Job 14:2
“Man, who is born of woman, Is short-lived and full of turmoil. He cometh forth like a flower, and is cut down: he fleeth also as a shadow, and continueth not. You also open Your eyes on him And bring him into judgment with Yourself.…”
“For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away” Peter 1:24
“…for you have been born again not of seed which is perishable but imperishable, that is, through the living and enduring word of God. For all flesh is as grass, and all the glory of man as the flower of grass. The grass withereth, and the flower thereof falleth away. But the word of the Lord endures forever.”

Comments